Samantha Jacobs was honored during the opening ceremony of the State Bar of Georgia Midyear Meeting as a recipient of the Justice Robert Benham Award for Community Service. The objective of the awards are: to recognize that volunteerism remains strong among Georgia’s lawyers; to encourage lawyers to become involved in serving their communities; to improve the quality of life of lawyers through the satisfaction they receive from helping others; and to raise the public image of lawyers.
For the full roster of award recipients, please see below.
- Upshaw C. Bentley Jr. of Athens (Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Samantha F. Jacobs of Metter
- Carlton A. DeVooght of Brunswick
- Roy W. Copeland of Valdosta
- Charles P. Taylor of Warner Robbins
- Judge Gregory A. Adams of Decatur
- Judge Herbert E. Phipps of Atlanta
- Judge William Hal Craig of McDonough
- Robert A. Cowan of Dalton
- Judge Cliff L. Jolliff of Gainesville
- Judge Duncan D. Wheale of Augusta