Services we specialize in:
Whether it's real estate transactions, divorce proceedings, personal injury, probate, or general legal questions, our firm can help you.VIEW ALL LEGAL SERVICES
Case Consultations & Evaluations
Determining your situation and figuring out a list of available options can be difficult. We can help.READ MORE
Meet the Managing Attorney
Samantha F. Jacobs, Esq. is one of the best attorneys in the area and has the skill set and experience to get you the best possible result for your case.LEARN MORE
- RT @ShopABA: Damages - not just a TV show. State-by-State Damages Summary book from @ABATIPS Commercial Transportation Committee http://t.c…
- Public Service Update: TIPS Fall meal-packing program assists in total of 285,000 meals to Cambodia @Stop_Hunger_Now http://t.co/qkXwcyhTqC
- RT @TIPSChair_Mike: Thanks to @ABATIPS Sponsors @DQJuryTrial, @mdd1933 and @CourtCallLLC for their support of the @ABATIPSFSLC 2015 MidWin…
- RT @TIPSChair_Mike: At the @ABATIPSFSLC Vice Chair's meeting at the start of the @ABATIPS FSLC 2015 MidWinter Meeting. http://t.co/5c691h…
- Government Law Newsletter: Corporate Tort Doctrine Moves into Civil Lit, Member Interviews and More! http://t.co/fPJ1hSnswc @ABATIPSgovlaw
Where an employer failed to carry its burden of showing that the combination of workers’ compensation benefits and a personal injury claim settlement fully and completely compensated an injured person for injuries sustained in an auto accident, a trial court’s ruling that the employer was not entitled to recover on its subrogation lien for the workers’ compensation benefits paid was affirmed.
Employer's Workers' Comp Carrier Entitled to Recover on Injured Party's Damages from Auto Accident
Employer not entitled to recover when it failed to meet the burden of showing that the injured party was fully compensated.